Junior Quantitative Analyst
As part of our Quantitative Research Team, the Junior Quantitative Analyst provides basic quantitative analysis and support, develops spreadsheets and assists with statistical analysis and valuation of various debt instruments. This position also interacts with our trading and development teams to assist in the identification of key data elements for use in the asset pricing models.
- Assist in the development and operation of quantitative models to predict mark-to-market prices of residential, commercial and C&I loans.
- Develop proficiency with proprietary trading database and tools to pull and analyze data for use in the statistical research and analysis.
- Provide basic programming support in Matlab, Stata and/or VBA/Excel as needed.
- Produce loan portfolio valuation reports and analysis.
- Provide and automate data scrubbing functions, as necessary.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or other program that is technical and quantitative in nature.
- Advanced Excel skills with VBA and/or Matlab programming experience.
- Familiarity with various statistical software packages.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other data visualization products.
- 1-3 years of financial industry experience, preferably in credit analysis or risk management arena.
- Demonstrable basic financial acumen.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to dissect quantitative and qualitative information.
- Passion and desire to work in a dynamic setting and culture of learning.
Loan Sale Analyst
The Debt Exchange, Inc. (“DebtX”) is hiring a Loan Sale Analyst to process and coordinate commercial real estate loan packages, commercial and industrial loans and other corporate debt for sale by DebtX clients.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual starting or growing a career in finance. Successful candidates should be detail oriented and a self-starter. You will report to the Managing Director of Deal Management and will interact closely with clients, trading desk and sales personnel.
- Organize/Review/Audit loan files
- Prepare written Asset/Relationship Reports
- Prepare/Organize Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare due diligence packages for review by interested parties
- Involved with significant client management facilitating the exchange of pertinent financial and loan level information
- Close interaction with other areas of the company including conference calls with clients
- Manage the closing and post-closing processes, prepare settlement statements
- Occasional overnight business travel
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. A Finance degree is strongly preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience with loan sales, commercial real estate financing and/or corporate finance. Prior work experience requirement may be waived if you have a Finance degree
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented individual that can work independently
- Enjoys managing superior client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro skills
The Debt Exchange, Inc. (“DebtX”) serves commercial banks, government agencies and other financial institutions, providing products and services to participants in some of the most dynamic global credit markets.
DebtX provides a competitive salary and generous benefit package, which includes medical, vision & dental, life insurance, long & short-term disability, long-term health care insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, and a 401K retirement plan with a company match.
It is the policy of The Debt Exchange, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, military status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, disability status, gender, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. For more information on each of the policies, click the corresponding image below.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career with DebtX, send your resume along with a cover letter to careers@DebtX.com or fax to 617-531-3499.
DebtX. Meeting institutions’ portfolio management and liquidity needs since 2000.